If you are looking to cook a delicious, melt-in-your-mouth filet mignon, look no further. In this blog post, we will provide you with tips and instructions on how to cook filet mignon tender cut of meat perfectly every time. So fire up the grill or get out your frying pan – let’s get cooking!
Table of Contents
- 1 Ingredients you’ll need:
- 2 How to cook filet mignon?
- 3 Recipe tips and variations:
- 4 Internal temperature for beef fillet:
- 5 How Long Should I Cook Filet Mignon?
- 6 Serving ideas:
- 7 Try Grass-fed Beef From ButcherBox
- 8 More Filet Mignon Recipes You’ll Love:
- 9 Conclusion: how to cook filet mignon
- 10 FAQ: how to cook filet mignon
- 10.1 How is filet mignon supposed to be cooked?
- 10.2 How long do you cook filet mignon for?
- 10.3 How do you keep filet mignon from drying out?
- 10.4 What goes well with filet mignon?
- 10.5 How long should I cook a 2 inch filet mignon?
- 10.6 How does Gordon Ramsay cook filet mignon?
- 10.7 Where can I buy filet mignon?
- 10.8 Should you salt filet mignon before cooking?
- 10.9 Is filet mignon healthy?
- 10.10 How long does filet mignon last in the fridge?
- 10.11 What is the difference between filet mignon and tenderloin?
- 10.12 How much should I expect to pay for filet mignon?
- 10.13 How can I avoid making mistakes when cooking filet mignon?
- 10.14 What are some tips for cooking filet mignon?
- 10.15 What are some common mistakes people make when cooking filet mignon?
- 10.16 How can you tell when filet mignon is done cooking?
- 10.17 How do I grill a filet mignon?
- 10.18 How do I pan sear a filet mignon?
- 10.19 What is the internal temperature for a filet mignon?
Ingredients you’ll need:
Ingredients need for how to cook filet mignon:
– 1 (8-ounce) filet mignon steak, trimmed
– 1 teaspoon olive oil
– ½ teaspoon kosher salt
– ¼ teaspoon black pepper
– ½ tablespoon butter
– 1 clove garlic, minced (optional)
How to cook filet mignon?
The process of how to cook filet mignon:
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Season the filet mignon steak with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
3. Heat a pan over medium-high heat, and add the filet mignon steak.
4. Cook for about 2 minutes per side, or until browned.
5. Reduce the heat to medium, and add the butter and garlic to the pan.
6. Cook for 1 minute, basting the filet mignon with the butter and garlic.
7. Place the pan in the oven, and roast for 8-10 minutes, or until the steak is cooked to your liking.
8. Remove from the oven, and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
And there you have it – perfectly cooked filet mignon!
Recipe tips and variations:
– If you prefer, you can cook the filet mignon in a preheated oven at 400°F for 8-10 minutes, or until it reaches the desired level of doneness.
– For a more flavorful filet mignon, try seasoning it with a simple dry rub or marinade before cooking.
– To make a quick and easy pan sauce, simply deglaze the pan with a bit of wine or beef broth after cooking the filet mignon. Then, add any additional seasonings or flavors that you like.
Related posts: How To Cook Beef Short Ribs
Internal temperature for beef fillet:
– Medium rare: 125-130°F
– Medium: 130-135°F
– Well done: 140°F and above
When cooking filet mignon, it is important to keep in mind that this is a very lean and tender cut of meat, so you don’t want to overcook it. The best way to check for doneness is to use a meat thermometer, which will ensure that your steak is cooked perfectly every time. For a medium-rare filet mignon, you will want to remove it from the heat when it reaches an internal temperature of 125-130°F. For a medium filet mignon, cook until it reaches an internal temperature of 130-135°F. And for a well-done filet mignon, cook until it reaches an internal temperature of 140°F or above.
How Long Should I Cook Filet Mignon?
– 8-10 minutes for medium rare
– 10-12 minutes for medium
– 12 minutes or more for well done
Now that you know how to cook filet mignon, it’s time to get in the kitchen and try it out! And don’t forget to experiment with different seasonings and sauces to find your perfect flavor combination.
– Pair your filet mignon with a simple salad or roasted vegetables for a light and healthy meal.
– Serve with mashed potatoes, grilled vegetables, and a glass of red wine for a classic steakhouse dinner.
– Wrap your filet mignon in bacon and serve with sautéed mushrooms for a delicious and indulgent meal.
No matter how you choose to serve it, we hope you enjoy your perfectly cooked filet mignon!
Try Grass-fed Beef From ButcherBox
If you’re looking for the highest quality, grass-fed beef available, look no further than ButcherBox. Our 100% grass-fed and finished beef is free from hormones and antibiotics, and our cows are never given grains or soy. We source our beef from small family farms in the United States, and we hand-select each and every cut to ensure that it meets our high standards.
In addition to our amazing beef, we also offer a wide variety of other meats, including chicken, pork, lamb, and seafood. Plus, we have a number of convenient subscription options so that you can customize your box to fit your needs.
More Filet Mignon Recipes You’ll Love:
– Grilled Filet Mignon with Herb Butter
– Filet Mignon with Red Wine Sauce
– Bacon Wrapped Filet Mignon
– Pan Seared Filet Mignon with Mushroom Sauce
– Grilled Filet Mignon with Chimichurri Sauce
Conclusion: how to cook filet mignon
How to cook filet mignon is easy – all you need is a pan, some butter, and a little bit of time. And with our tips and recipe ideas that chefwaynes-bigmamou.com shared, you’ll be able to create the perfect filet mignon that is cooked to perfection every time. So what are you waiting for? Get in the kitchen and give it a try!
FAQ: how to cook filet mignon
How is filet mignon supposed to be cooked?
To get the best sear on your steak, use a hot skillet. Add butter or oils with high smoke points such as avocado oil and canola oils for 1–2 minutes of searing time per side—the final internal temperature should reach 135°F before Medium Rare (145 ° F).
How long do you cook filet mignon for?
The total cook time for filet mignon should be about 8 to 10 minutes.
How do you keep filet mignon from drying out?
To prevent your steak from drying out, it is important to sear it on all sides. You can also add a bit of butter or oil to the pan before cooking. Additionally, make sure not to overcook the steak – cook it until it reaches an internal temperature of 125-130°F for medium rare, or 130-135°F for medium.
What goes well with filet mignon?
There are many different sides that go well with filet mignon, including roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes, grilled vegetables, and a glass of red wine.
How long should I cook a 2 inch filet mignon?
A 2 inch filet mignon should be cooked for 8-10 minutes for medium rare, 10-12 minutes for medium, or 12 minutes or more for well done.
How does Gordon Ramsay cook filet mignon?
Gordon Ramsay’s filet mignon recipe is simple – he seasons the steak with salt and pepper, then sears it in a hot pan with butter for 1 to 2 minutes per side. The final internal temperature should reach 135°F before Medium Rare (145 ° F).
Where can I buy filet mignon?
You can typically find filet mignon at your local grocery store or butcher shop. If you’re looking for the highest quality, grass-fed beef available, ButcherBox is a great option. We source our beef from small family farms in the United States, and we hand-select each and every cut to ensure that it meets our high standards.
Should you salt filet mignon before cooking?
Yes, you should season filet mignon with salt and pepper before cooking. This will help to create a flavorful crust on the outside of the steak.
Is filet mignon healthy?
Filet mignon is a lean cut of beef, so it is relatively low in saturated fat. Additionally, grass-fed beef is higher in healthy omega-3 fatty acids than grain-fed beef.
How long does filet mignon last in the fridge?
Cooked filet mignon will last in the fridge for 3-4 days, or in the freezer for 2-3 months.
What is the difference between filet mignon and tenderloin?
Filet mignon is cut from the tenderloin, which is a long, narrow strip of muscle located near the back of the cow. The filet mignon is the small end of the tenderloin, and it is typically more tender and flavorful than the larger, more tough end of the tenderloin (which is known as the strip steak).
How much should I expect to pay for filet mignon?
Prices for filet mignon can vary depending on where you purchase it, but you can expect to pay anywhere from $15 to $30 per pound.
How can I avoid making mistakes when cooking filet mignon?
Everyone knows steak is an exquisite dish, but many don’t realize the finer points of cooking this cut of beef. From subtle missteps like under-seasoning to major errors in judgment such as serving a chilled filet mignon – find out what not to do when preparing your next juicy steak!
What are some tips for cooking filet mignon?
Filet mignon is a delectable cut of meat that you can easily serve up in your own kitchen. To achieve the perfect oven-roasted filet, remember to sear and season it first for maximum flavor; use an ovenproof skillet so heat cooks evenly throughout; and let the finished steak rest before slicing into it—otherwise all those amazing juices will escape!
What are some common mistakes people make when cooking filet mignon?
Cooking steak can be intimidating if you’re not familiar with the different cuts available. To avoid ruining your perfect meal, make sure that you get your pan hot enough before cooking and use it on a stovetop instead of over an open flame. Be careful to turn the steak no more than once or twice while prepping – too much handling will affect its texture and taste! Additionally, ensure that it’s cooked only until desired doneness is reached as overcooking will negatively impact both flavor and texture; finally, let rest for 3-4 minutes so all of those delicious juices stay in place.
How can you tell when filet mignon is done cooking?
Grill masters know that temperature is key for a juicy, delicious steak. To achieve the perfect doneness, be sure to pay attention to your thermometer – rare should read 125 degrees Fahrenheit with three minutes of resting off the heat; medium-rare falls between 130 and 135 degrees F; hit 140 or 145 if you prefer it more on the medium side while 150 will give you well done perfection!
How do I grill a filet mignon?
Make your meal special with this delicious grilled filet. Generously season both sides of the juicy meat with salt, pepper and fresh rosemary for flavor that complements its natural taste. Preheat the grill to high heat before placing each filet face down on it – sear undisturbed for 4 minutes a side if you prefer rare cuts – then enjoy!
How do I pan sear a filet mignon?
Ignite your cast iron skillet and add a generous pat of butter. The heat will then draw the salt, pepper, and flavor molecules from each side to tantalize those filets before they hit their sizzling home base. Flip them after 2 minutes for another kiss of warmth that’ll make these fish fins flame with deliciousness!
What is the internal temperature for a filet mignon?
Serve your steak up the right way – aim for a medium-rare internal temperature of 135°F and you’ll be rewarded with an inviting golden-brown color and robust flavor. For those looking for something in between, 145°F will offer that perfect medium texture – just remember to serve it hot!
Nigel Gildon editor:Nigel Gildon is the editor of Chef Wayne’s Big Mamou: Chef Wayne’s Big Mamou. He has worked in the publishing industry for many years and has a passion for helping new authors get their work into the hands of readers. 63 Liberty Street * Springfield, MA 01003